20 Jan Clever Design Solutions for Crowded Living Rooms
- Make Structural Changes – Look for ways to restructure the room or move things, like fireplaces or built-ins, better match the gathering space and how you’d like to use it moving forward.
- Install Built-Ins – If the living room layout is too crowded by furniture, consider installing built-in bookshelves or a bench. This maximizes wall space and reduces the amount of clutter in the room.
- Floor-To-Ceiling Windows – A room designed with floor-to-ceiling windows automatically feels bigger and brighter.
- Use Light Colors – Use light naturals on the walls to brighten up small gathering spaces, and employ pops of color with furniture or accent pillows.
- Recessed Lighting – To complement light paint, install updated recessed lighting to further brighten a living room.